Wednesday, December 5, 2007

What Are You Waiting For?

Jas. 4[13] Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:[14] Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.[15] For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

Often we feel like now isn't the right time to do something for the Lord, or that when we are older, wiser, richer, or have more time we will do more. I'm here to tell you friend, that day most likely will never come. James said your life is a vapour that vanisheth away. If you are waiting for something to occur before you get busy living for Christ, you are waiting too long. Get busy now. Make Him your number one priority and find time for everything else.

2 comments:

Sis. Julie said...

Oh how many opportunities I have no doubt missed because I thought it wasn't the right time to do something but it was God's time for me to do what it was I needed to do. I'm sure we have all had missed opportunities. Good post!!

David said...

Amen! This is something I'm trying to remember in my spiritual life as well as my personal and business life. I don't think it's a coincidence that the "movers and shakers" in our churches, business communities, and government are usually 40 and older. It seems like it takes a lot of people that long to realize that it's okay to step up and try to make a difference. My goal is to realize that sooner (like now) and take the lead. This should be the motto of all "young fundamentalists".

Disclosure Policy