Sunday, December 9, 2007

Making Money With My Blog

I just finished reading a chapter in my textbook for my computer class about website publishing. As you all know, I've been doing A LOT of reading and experimenting with the web lately, because ever since I started my this blog I've been fascinated with the concept of earning income over the web. What makes it so interesting to me is that on the Internet you don't have to have a huge building, a bunch of employees, or a lot of money to appear "first class" and attract a lot of traffic. Also, there are no limitations to the amount of traffic you can get (unlike traditional businesses that must expand geographically in order to reach more customers).

The concept of earning money through advertising revenue and e-commerce is especially cool because you don't have to work regular hours. You can update your site whenever you want and have a company like American Solutions for Business handle all your product shipping and order taking. My friend, Paul Phillips works there and says that they create e-commerce websites for companies all the time. They will create the product you want, warehouse it for you, take the orders from your customers off the website they created for you, ship the order to the customer, and send you your portion of the money. All you have to do is get traffic to your site!

I'm actually going to be purchasing Adobe CS3 Design Premium because I want to take my web presence to a new level and see if I can use it as my primary source of income. I suspect that between advertising revenue, e-commerce, and free lance writing jobs I could make quite a bit of money. We'll find out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, good luck with earning money over the web. I personally think it's a wast of time, but if you can be successsful with this, than, more power to you.

Disclosure Policy