Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Bible in MP3 Audio Format

Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

I was thrilled to find that the entire Bible is in MP3 format on the internet for FREE! That's right, and if you are a Baptist, few words strike joy and euphoria to the core of your being like that four letter word...FREE. What makes it exciting for me is the amount of time I spend in my car can now be used to spend time in the Word. Until now I've been listening to preaching CD's, which is almost as good but can't replace hiding God's Word in my heart. My goal is to use this tool to aid in memorization. If you own an MP3 player, I callenge you to put aside the music you usually listen to (even if it's Godly) for a little time every day and listen to the Bible. Nothing can replace Scripture in keeping us from sin, strengthening our faith, and drawing us closer to the Lord. Now go hide God's Word in your heart.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a find!! I did not know I could get the KJV in MP3 for FREE \o/ I absolutely LOVE free Bible things!

I saw your comment at Brother Jerry Bouey's site. He and I are doing a combined devotional series. Check back tomorrow to see what he has gleaned from the Word. I like your site and will be back :-)

The Good Reporters said...

That is neat. I didn't know that either. You are doing a great job with your blog.

David said...

Thank you both! I want to keep the content interesting and original. If you have suggestions, they are always welcome!

Digital Marketing Review said...

I love listening to the bible, as im not great at reading it! I (not free:( have been going through
Sample
Inspired By... (search http://www.audible.com) its a great version,. My grand plan is to listen to a different version of the bible each year.
www.paulTILLEY.net

Disclosure Policy