Monday, June 11, 2007

Will God Bless America?

2 Chr. 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

God wants to bless America. He really does. The problem is that we don't really care whether He does or not. In the verse above, God tells us specifically what we need to do to gain His attention, forgiveness, and healing in our nation. Unfortunately I think we are so wrapped up in our current prosperity that few of us ever take the time to get on our face before almighty God and beg him to spare the nation. Life may be good now, but with the rapidly increasing sin problem that has tainted America it won't be long before God brings swift and devastating judgement. Pastor preached an awesome sermon last night and in it he read a quote by Sam Gipp explaining what God's judgement on a nation could mean. When the Israelites were judged, the righteous were not spared from the misery and destruction. Everyone suffered.

Last Sunday morning I talked to the young men in the teen class about this very subject. My text was Ezek 22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none. God is looking for a man who is willing to put aside his own fleshly desires and stand in the gap. Humble yourself today and pray, and seek God's face. Turn from your wicked ways and plead with God to stay His hand of destruction. Have you ever wanted to be the super-hero who saved the world? Here is your chance if you think you have what it takes...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Bro. Scott I did that business thing you talked about. Here's the web address:http://jordanbusinessites.blogspot.com/. Do you have any suggestions? you can talk to me on Wednesday. Thanx

David said...

SWEET! I like it bro! You are kind of doing things the hard way though. I'll give you some ideas on Wednesday, and I think you could do really well. Keep it up.

Disclosure Policy