Sunday, June 10, 2007

Narrow is the Way

I found the blog of a fellow who claims to be an Independent Fundamental Baptist. Unfortunately he posted the following comments:

1. I consider myself to be a fundamentalist, I'm just not stupid about it.

2. I am an independent Baptist, I'm just not arrogant about it.

3. I am a Bible-believing, Bible-preaching preacher, I'm just not KJV-only about it. I still love and use the KJV, but I'm not silly enough to think that's the only way God preserved His Word.

4. I believe every major doctrine of the Bible, I just don't create doctrines out of thin air. What God says is sufficient for me. I don't need to add my theology to His.


If you can live with those 4 things, then we can fellowship together. If you can't, well, I'm sure glad I only have to answer to God in the end and not you.


I responded:


Dude, If God preserved His Word in other "versions" then God is very confused. You will agree that if I quoted you on my blog, but changed the wording, you would be upset and say that I was only paraphrasing and those weren't your real words. You may even accuse me of misquoting you if the meaning were altered slightly due to my choice of words (even if that was not my intent). Would you consider Acts 8:37 God's Word? Look it up in your New International Version and you will find it is missing. This would lead someone to believe that salvation comes through baptism instead of believing on Christ.


I was probably too easy on this guy, and I think it's a shame, if not a disgrace, that the ranks of those who claim our title are being infiltrated by those who's doctrine is diametrically opposed to what a true Independent Fundamental Baptist believes. Doctrines such as calvinism, wrong bible versions, and ecumenicallism (yolking up with those who are not of like faith) are tarnishing the proud label with which we identify ourselves. This is why in my first post I stated that I am an old fashioned, independent, fundamental, Bible-believing, King James Version defending, sin hatin', devil fightin', separated Baptist. Don't be the one who strays from the old paths and takes this new generation down yet another road which veers off toward the modern religions, only to be stung by the poison of worldliness. It's venom runs deep and once you are intoxicated by it, you may forever be controlled by the lust for more.


My Bible states in Matthew 7:13-14, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:[14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." Narrow is the way. That means any small deviation will put you on the wrong path. Don't deviate, Christian. Destruction is not God's end goal for your life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Brother! Excellent come back. You should send him to:

http://www.hopeofisrael.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=35

to real a good testimony on this very topic.

Standing firm with you!

Disclosure Policy