Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Thank God I Joined the Marines!!!

Sometimes when you are staring one of life's most challenging decisions in it's ominous face, it's easy to wonder if you are making the right move. Many times we pray fervently, if not feverishly, that God will direct our path and guide us, but in the end there is always a measure of faith that must be exercised once you have determined which way you believe God is taking you.

I made a decision like this almost eight years ago when I enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. Up until that point I was a home-schooled kid that hadn't been outside the circle of church and home-schooling families with whom we associated. I know there were many times my mom questioned our mutual decision that the Marines was God's will for me, but when I look back at what God did during that time, the evidence is irrefutable.
Many intangibles resulted from my time in the military such as learning to lean on God, learning to be a man, learning to stand for Christ in the face of fierce opposition; but the biggest thing that really affirms in my mind that this was God's will for my life was how God used this time to make me an Independent Fundamental Baptist. I can't thank God enough for Pastor and Mrs. Clark from West Coast Baptist Church. This is a pastor who really has a heart for the Marines and Sailors of Camp Pendleton and does everything he can to reach them. If it hadn't been for him, I don't believe my convictions, standards, spiritual strength, and faith in God would have been where they needed to be to survive the intense wickedness and vile debaucheries with with I was confronted daily. Praise God for a Pastor and Church who are determined to serve in a hard area, during hard times, and not give up. Pastor Clark, you will never know the extent of impact your ministry has on this earth, but I think you will be surprised when you find out in heaven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! My youngest son, Adam, is a poolie in the DEP. He is going to Parris Island on 7/22! Ooorah! :-) I loved reading this about you! I know God will be with him as He was for you and provide him with a good church! I'm so thankful I found your site! God bless you!

Disclosure Policy