Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ehud, my bud

Judges 3 [20] And Ehud came unto him; and he was sitting in a summer parlour, which he had for himself alone. And Ehud said, I have a message from God unto thee. And he arose out of his seat.
[21] And Ehud put forth his left hand, and took the dagger from his right thigh, and thrust it into his belly:

[22] And the haft also went in after the blade; and the fat closed upon the blade, so that he could not draw the dagger out of his belly; and the dirt came out.

I am totally convinced that Ehud and I would have been best friends had we lived in the same millennium. Truthfully, this has been my favorite passage in the Bible ever since I was a kid. There is something cool about being God's assassin, and it's always made me wonder if people know what they're saying when they say so tritely,
"You know, God is the same yesterday, today, and forever!" Amen to that brother! That means He still condones cold-blooded killing (with restrictions of course). I just wish American law permitted me to make a living off of it domestically, because I would make a great hit man! Ah, well, some things just aren't meant to be. I guess I'll have to resign myself to becoming filthy rich some other way and live vicariously through my buddy Ehud. You go, man!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Wow. The love of Jesus, just shining through.

David said...

I know. I exude the warm fuzzies.

Anonymous said...

I never thought I'd find someone else that likes the story of ehud as much as me...

I'm left handed as well, making me even more like ehud lol...

and as for the Jesus comment, this is the Old Testament, in case you didn't know, way before Christ. And if you read the entire story of Ehud, it starts at verse 12, you will read that Ehud was saving his nation from a tyrant.

Disclosure Policy