Thursday, November 22, 2007

Are You Thankful for the Rough Times?

James 1:2 - 4 [2] My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; [3] Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. [4] But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

We always hear preachers say that it's easy to cry out to God in the hard times, then they exhort us to remember God during the good times. I have the opposite problem. When times are good I remember to thank and praise God, but when I'm going through trials I have a hard time remembering to even ask God for help. I get frustrated and discouraged and don't feel like spending time with Him, which tends to make things worse. The truth is God wants us to recognize that the trials are just as good for us as the blessings because they strengthen us spiritually. The next time you are going through a valley, challenge yourself to ask God for help and thank Him for the opportunity to learn to lean on Him.

2 comments:

Randy Scott said...

Amen! Please see my post on suffering :

http://jude3kjb.blogspot.com/

Sista Cala said...

Your post reminded me of a line in a song I used to know. "Lord, don't move that mountain, just give me strength to climb...."

It takes just as much faith or more, to climb the mountain as it does to speak in faith and have it cast into the sea.

Disclosure Policy