Monday, October 29, 2007

Is There a Fish Waiting For You?

Pastor is out of town, so our Spanish service preacher, Brother Aguilar preached tonight. What a message. He talked about Jonah and how God always has a fish waiting for us if we refuse to follow His will. He gave a personal illustration from his own life and spoke about how he still experiences some of the effects of not making the right decision years ago. I really had to examine my life to make sure I'm in line with God's will.

Have you ever gotten alone with God and asked Him what He would like to do with your life? We've all told God what we wanted, but few of us ever work up the courage to ask God what He wants because we're afraid He might answer. Start with asking God to soften your heart so that you will want to ask Him what He wants for your life. Be honest. Tell Him you are afraid of surrendering and ask Him to help you with your fear. If you can get to the point where you are not only willing, but begging God to show you how He can use you and then you follow His direction, you will find true contentment.

7 comments:

Pam--in America said...

Thanks for that reminder!
BTW -- I noticed the new picture on your profile. I see you're still in that Marine mentality. ;) Just like my husband....you feel like it's just wrong to smile! Must be a guy thing.

The Good Reporters said...

I really appreciate you taking the time to post this. Thanks!

Sis. Julie said...

Amen!! You are so right about us telling God what we want Him to do in our lives or through us. We really do need to be asking Him. And then when He shows us we need to just obey!

Anonymous said...

yea I liked his message very much I think that he should preach more often.

David said...

Pam,

I laughed when I read your comment. I don't know if it's a Marine thing or just that I look goofy if I smile.

David said...

Julie and Reporters, thanks for the comments!

David said...

Spencer,
I think YOU should preach more often. I liked how you jumped up on the chair with your Bible and yelled AMEN!

Disclosure Policy