Sunday, July 1, 2007

...Which Things the Angels Desire to Look Into.

1Pet.1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
Tony Hutson preached at us about the Holy Ghost while we were at youth conference, and it really impacted me as I thought about how often I go through the day without the power of the Holy Ghost on my life. What's interesting is I'm beginning to realize that there is a whole other facet of Christianity which I've never before experienced. It is more than just knowing that you are pleasing God, it is living life in a VIP status with God. John 15:7 says, "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." Too often we assume that prayer is ineffective because we see so few of them answered, but I think it's because we aren't abiding in Christ (my lesson today is on abiding, which is why it's on my mind). James 5:16 says, "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." If you leave out the part about being a righteous man, your prayers probably won't avail much. Another though I had was how much I would like to abide in the love of Jesus on a daily basis. John 15:10 says "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love." While I know Jesus loves me, many times I don't really feel like I'm abiding in His love because I haven't been keeping his commandments. How exciting would it be to master this thing of being filled with the Holy Ghost and abiding with Christ? Let's find out!

No comments:

Disclosure Policy