Friday, May 25, 2007

Time is NEVER on My Side

I woke up this morning and looked at my clock, which read 7:15. Since I have a company meeting at 8:00 where I will be ridiculed and publicly humiliated for tardiness, I quickly showered, ironed a shirt, and flew out the door without breakfast. As I got in my car and turned on the radio, a sudden realization came to me that perhaps it wasn't as late as I thought. This notion struck me when the news lady said, "This is KCBS, it's 6:55." I'm an idiot. Oh well, I actually have a lot to do today so this will give me the chance to get a "head" start on the day (ha ha).

It's interesting to me that Jesus continually woke up early in the morning or prayed in the middle of the night. David did the same thing, saying in Psalm 5:3 "My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up." Do you value sleep more than spending time with the Lord? Do you struggle to drag yourself out of bed early enough to read your Bible? If you do, it's not a physical problem, it's a priority problem. Wait and see how hard it is to get up at 4:00am if you are going on a trip somewhere exciting (like six flags!). I guarantee you won't have any trouble with sleeping in. Ask God to give you the same excitement for His Word, and make it your number one priority.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wake up BRO.SCOTT

Disclosure Policy